Monday 20 December 2010

Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

No need for introductions. I've done this before. Another poem to illustrate the lack of peace in my mind. Another threnody to paint the picture of monstrous melancholy inside me. Another soliloquy to replicate the wretched riots within my head.

Break the Surface

Please relieve this sick feeling
Stabbing me in the back
From floor to ceiling
Clawing at all I lack

It’s like climbing the floor
When you’re running through the water
Stopping at open doors
When there’s nothing left to alter
It’s like a teasing bullet
Taunting your every move
My battered life is a rogue rocket
And there’s too much left to sooth.

It's like running north
When the oasis lies south
It's like biting the air back and forth
When you're bleeding from your mouth
It's like this pristine silence
Deafening my every cry
Purpose doesn't define my existence
And it still won't let me die.

So again I fall down
Tearing up at the seams
And hit the dark ground
Of this sensual dream.

--

2 months ago seems like it is ages away. I'm so sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment